Erling Haaland could return to Manchester City’s starting eleven, while Joao Cancelo is available after serving a one-match ban in midweek.
Kyle Walker, who has been selected in England’s World Cup squad, remains out following groin surgery.
Vitaly Janelt recovered from the minor muscle injury that kept him out of Brentford’s EFL Cup defeat.
Christian Norgaard started that game on his return from an Achilles tendon injury sustained in late August.
CHRIS SUTTON’S PREDICTION
There are some tough decisions coaches have to make about resting some players before the World Cup depending on their fitness.
However, you must remember that points are at stake here and people are under pressure. Therefore, Pep Guardiola will not do anyone a favor: his priority is to get victory for Manchester City.
City beat Fulham the hard way last week with 10 men and a last-minute penalty, but I think things will be much easier for them this time.
Brentford don’t seem to be the same team when away from home – they haven’t beaten anyone on the road yet this season, and that’s not going to change here.
The Complete Sutton v Jamie Johnson Predictions Starring Jessica McHale and Olivia Chomczuk
head to head
- Brentford have lost four successive games against Manchester City in all competitions since a 2-1 win at Griffin Park in the League Cup in September 1989.
- They met in the league for the first time in 70 years last season. City won 1-0 away and then 2-0 at home.
- Brentford have lost six of their seven away games against Manchester City in all competitions, with the exception of a 2-0 top-flight win at Maine Road on Christmas Day 1937.
- City have equaled the club record of 16 consecutive home wins in all competitions, set between November 1920 and August 1921.
- That’s 11 consecutive wins in the local league for Pep Guardiola’s side, their best run since a run of 14 games in 2017-18.
- They can equal the Premier League record of scoring multiple goals in 16 consecutive home games, set by Liverpool from February to December 2019.
- Erling Haaland has scored 18 goals in 12 Premier League appearances. The fewest games needed to reach 20 goals is 21 by Kevin Phillips.
- Haaland can become the first Manchester City player to score in seven successive top-flight home games since David White did so between December 1991 and February 1992.
- Brentford are winless in seven Premier League away trips this season, with four draws and three defeats.
- The Bees have only kept one clean sheet in their last 23 away games, conceding 51 goals.
- Bryan Mbeumo is set to become the first player to make 50 Premier League appearances for Brentford on Saturday.
Predict Manchester City’s starting XI for their next match. Remember that you can change the formation!
Predict Brentford’s starting XI for their next match. Remember that you can change the formation!
- Our coverage of your Premier League club is bigger and better than ever – here it is All you need to know to make sure you never miss a moment