Telegram for iOS is out and it’s a big update to close out 2022. The latest version comes with improvements to hidden media when sharing images, zero storage usage tweaks, new tools for drawing and text, the ability to replace profile photos for contacts, new/more interactive emoji and more.
Telegram released the update on the App Store and detailed all the changes in a blog post:
“No one will miss 2022, but this update offers some nice reasons to remember it: media with spoiler effects, new ways to save space on your device, new drawing tools, suggested profile pictures, and more.”
Telegram has GIFs showing off each new feature on their blog post with the 10 new memoji packs reserved for premium users.
The Telegram update is now available for iOS (also for Android). Here are the iOS 9.3 release notes:
HIDDEN MEDIA, ZERO STORAGE USE, NEW DRAWING TOOLS, PROFILE PHOTOS FOR YOUR CONTACTS AND PUPPIES
We find someone’s letter to Santa and implement everything on the list:
• Media with spoiler effects. You can wrap the photos and videos you send in a fuzzy cover by selecting media from the attachments menu and tapping (⋯) > Hide with spoiler.
Zero Storage Usage
• Automatic removal of cached media. You can choose how long cached media is kept in private chats, groups, and channels, and add exceptions for specific chats.
• Media removal by type. Separate tabs with Media, Files and Music for all chats allow you to quickly delete larger files.
• Pie charts. The new layout helps you see what’s taking up space.
• Dwarves with calculators. Cache size is now calculated much faster.
• Reminder: Any cached media you delete remains accessible in the cloud and can be downloaded again if needed.
New drawing and text tools
• Completely redesigned media editor. You can quickly switch between brushes and use the new blur tool.
• Smoothing of lines. Drawing tools dynamically change width based on drawing speed and automatically smooth lines.
• New text tools. You can change the size, font, and background of any text you add to photos and videos. The text tool now also supports animated emoji.
• New selection of colors. You can choose colors with 5 new tools, including the eyedropper.
• New gestures. Hold down to fill the canvas with color or to erase it all.
• Preset shapes. You can quickly add shapes like circles, arrows, stars, and chat bubbles.
Profile pictures for your contacts
• Configuration of images for your contacts. You can choose your own image for a contact; only you will see it on your profile.
• Suggested profile pictures. When editing your contacts, you can suggest a photo for your profile. It will take just two taps for them to add the image you suggested.
• Public profile images. If you only allow certain users to see your profile photos, you can set a public image for everyone else.
• Maximum profile image privacy. You can set ‘Who can see my profile photos’ to ‘No one’ and add some users or groups as exceptions.
Hide members in large groups
• Privacy of the member list. Large group owners can hide the member list.
The letter also mentioned taking over the world and a puppy, but we’re hoping the real Santa can handle that, now that we’ve done the rest.
FTC: We use automatic affiliate links that generate income. Plus.
Visit 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: