Cycling

Alarming iPhone 4 fire incident recorded by Nest camera. This is what happens and how to prevent it

A Nest camera captured an alarming iPhone 4 fire accident.

(Photo: Photo by KIM JAE-HWAN/AFP via Getty Images))
A South Korean customer looks at Apple’s iPhone 4 at the KT headquarters in Seoul on September 10, 2010.

In the footage, it can be seen that the iOS device suddenly caught fire on the kitchen counter.

Brian Leisgang said his kids were charging the old iOS device overnight before it exploded.

“Our kids were charging our old iPhone 4 with the Apple charger last night and it exploded and caught fire in our kitchen while we were sleeping,” the father said via his official Facebook post.

Alarming iPhone 4 fire incident recorded by Nest camera.

According to the latest report from 9To5Mac, the family’s Google Nest camera, which is installed in the kitchen for monitoring, caught the iPhone 4 fire incident.

Alarming iPhone 4 fire incident recorded by Nest camera.  This is what happens and how to prevent it

(Photo: Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images)
The new iPhone 4, which went on sale this morning, is displayed at the Apple flagship store on Fifth Avenue on June 24, 2010 in New York City. People waited outside stores overnight to be first in line when the doors opened at 7 am in New York and 8 am local time in Germany, Japan, France and the UK.

Also Read: iPhone iOS 16 Fake AirPods Alert: Apple Explains How It Really Works

Fortunately, Brian and his wife, Jennifer Leisgang, cleaned up the kitchen counter before the accident happened.

Parents shared that the counter often has a lot of school papers and books. If they hadn’t cleaned up that area, the fire could have gotten worse.

The 23-second footage showed that the fire created by the iPhone 4 was able to light up the kitchen.

This means that the fire was somehow large. After a few seconds, the fire died down.

If you want to see the actual footage, you can check out Brian’s official Facebook video below:

What happens and how to prevent it

How-To-Geek reported that old smartphones are a fire hazard.

This is because your lithium ion batteries degrade over time. In Brian’s case, his children use the old iPhone 4.

This means that the device’s battery is already at risk of failure.

In addition to it being an old device, Brian also mentioned that his kids charged the iPhone 4 overnight.

There is a possibility that the battery has been overcharged and causes the explosion of the fire.

To avoid this type of incident, you can follow these tips:

  • Avoid charging overnight.
  • Use authentic iPhone chargers.
  • Visit the nearest Apple store to have your device checked.

Other iPhone stories we wrote before:

The availability of the iPhone 14 in Russia was recently confirmed.

Rumors claim that next-generation iPhones could soon have reverse wireless charging features.

For more news updates on iPhones and other Apple devices, keep your tabs open here at TechTimes.

Related article: Apple iPhone 14 Battery Capacities Leaked! Here is a full list

technological times

ⓒ 2022 TECHTIMES.com All rights reserved. Not to be reproduced without permission.

Leave a Comment