Do you want Apple CarPlay in your Tesla? A workaround called Tesla Android has been updated to version 2023.4.1, adding Android 13, H264 hardware acceleration, support for DRM and lossless audio and USB tethering for iOS, and more, according to the developer and creator. @Michael Gapinski.
Project coder Michael Gapiński shared the update with north teslawhich also includes features such as Flutter and CarPlay app performance improvements running on the required Raspberry Pi 4 hardware.
A full list of new Tesla Android features in version 2023.4.1 can be seen below:
- Android 13 improves app and interface stability for future platform updates
- H264 hardware acceleration, allowing playback of specific files with minimal artifacts
- Virtual screen stability improvements
- Stability improvements for data entry on the touch screen
- Audio capture stability improvements
- Added support for 48 kHz stereo PCM or lossless audio
- Support for volume control in the Android Settings app
- Stability improvements in the Flutter app
- USB tethering for iOS, which allows users to share the Internet from iPhone and other iOS devices
- Improvements to LTE modem connectivity, adding support for some Alcatel and Huawei devices
“I’m pleasantly surprised that the Intel MCU can keep up most of the time, I’m doing 0 buffering on the interface,” Gapinski said, referring to lossless audio support in older CPUs in Tesla vehicles.
Tesla Android added widgets to the app last year, making it easy to see the status of your car from within the app on an Android mobile device.
Live camera access with sentinel mode was also added for Android users last year, allowing them to view their car’s camera views from their smartphone.
Other items in category: Tesla
Watch Elon Musk announce Giga Nevada’s $3.6B expansion plans [VIDEO]
Tesla has two new manufacturing facilities in the works near Giga Nevada, according to statements by Gov. Joe Lombardo and the White House, and now confirmed by the automaker. Following the confirmation, Tesla shared a video on Wednesday showing CEO Elon Musk’s announcement speech about expanding operations with the investment of $3.6 billion. In it […]
Elon Musk testifies that the purchase of Tesla would have been possible with the shares of SpaceX
Tesla CEO Elon Musk is currently on trial for a 2018 tweet in which he claimed to have “funds secured” to take the automaker private. During his testimony on Monday, Musk said Monday that he could have sold SpaceX shares to finance a buyout, as a possible alternative to Saudi financing to take Tesla private. […]
Tesla Model 3/Y now gets maximum subsidies in Germany; Leasing/financing rates now start as low as 0.99%
As Tesla electric vehicles (EVs) become increasingly common in the German market, new buyers can now safely expect government subsidy support. Germany’s Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA) has added Tesla’s Model 3 and Y units to the list of electric vehicles eligible for its full €4,500. […]